The Santa Ana Zoo...
I can't say it is my MOST favorite Zoo to visit, but it CAN be a LOT of fun if you make it that way! I have it on the list of field trips every year for my preschool groups. There is a small bird sanctuary, monkeys and a few other random animals, including the 4-legged farm-types (which are usually the high-light). There is a Petting Zoo, an insect house (totally disgusting to me, but the kids LOVE it), big animal statues throughout for kids to play on, a train ride around the perimeter of the zoo (complete with a tunnel), a Merry-Go-Round, snack bar (though I would suggest packing your own snacks/lunches....costs aren't super high, but not worth what you get), a semi-tree-shaded play ground & various activities put on through the year like Sheep Shearing & Breakfast with the Animals. Entrance fees are fairly inexpensive (under $10).
My 2nd daughter, K, and her preschool friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment