I have been collecting ideas for 7 years and rounding up materials for 8 months....I have FINALLY started my first real home facelift! This is our 5th home, we've been in it almost 3.5 years and I have been dying to really make it "ours"....as much as I can since the Mr & I don't have exactly the same tastes! For instance....our downstairs bath....inspired by this Pottery Barn Kids Nursery (the Sadie Nursery)....and by inspired, i mean the color scheme only (no animals...and so far no polka dots!)...only imagine the yellow a very bright, wake-you-up-in-the-morning type of color....as in the 4th picture....he tells me he has to close his eyes every time he walks in! I will have before and after pics SOON....just finishing up the final details of my own bathroom (wall decor, bead board, etc....) i LOVE how it is turning out...i KNOW my mom will HATE it....but i have never had the courage to just pick something i like and go for it. I always choose something safe..."Macaw Yellow" is not safe and definitely will not be a selling point for this house....good thing we aren't trying to move anytime soon!




The grayscale pics are ideas for our Master Bedroom. We are going with total grayscale - Silver, Pewter, Creek Bend, Black & White....I like the stripes behind the pictures & the kitchen picture is for the all color....we have been back and forth about wall color for the main living areas downstairs...because we aren't able to change our flooring we are having to make a MAJOR compromise with wall color! Mr and I agreed 100% on a cinderblock/urban loft/silvery-gray color....but it TOTALLY clashes with our brown/tan/beige tile floors....oh well...a girl can dream. We are set on making our house reflect us while being both comfortable to be in and aesthetically pleasing (clearly the Macaw Yellow bathroom is NOT a relaxing place of rest....but sometimes I go in and turn on the light because it makes me smile!!)
The whole bathroom started out dark red, cabinets began brown (stock builder cabinets that are throughout our house....all of which are being redone)....look closely and you'll be able to see the birth of my bright smiling yellow! A complete before-and-after is SO CLOSE to being posted....
BTW---the work is further along than this picture....walls are done, cabinets are done...the red is almost completely covered....


awesome Christina! i can't wait to see the results!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYellow - how fun! I like!!! I can't wait to see it when it's complete to your liking. :) Does Mr. have an opinion on your decor?
ReplyDelete(for the bathroom is what I meant).
ReplyDelete